Information About The Selection Of Products For Winter Road Clearance
Use For Gritting And Snow Clearing Operations
- Slip Control
- Thawing Action
- Anti-Sticking Action
- Undercutting Effect
Winter grit or spreading material for slip control increase immediately the adhesion of slippery roads and pavements. After having spread the agent, surfaces have instantly grip and are safe for vehicle and foot traffic.
Particularly eco-friendly and pet-friendly for sensitive animal paws are gritting materials with the Blue Angel Ecolabel.
Wintersol products: Ice Bear Winter Grit
De-icing agents dissolve (“go into solution”) and thereby lower the freezing point of water – snow and ice melt. Not all thawing agents have the same effect, they differ, for example, in the temperature range in which it is possible to use them.
For the melting process, the presence of liquid water is necessary in order that a de-icing solution can form and the direct contact of this solution with the snow or ice to be melted.
Thaw granules giving off heat as they dissolve penetrate through the ice layers and break the bond holding ice to the surface (undercutting effect).
Wintersol products: Ice Breaker Thaw Granules
When using agents for gritting and snow clearing operations, attention should be paid to the environmental impact. Important fields are in particular soil and water, ecotoxicological effects on the living environment and effects on the users themselves.
Impact On Materials
Material damage must be avoided when using agents for ice and snow clearing, This particularly with regard to the follow-up costs arising from their application. Among the most important effects of winter grit and de-icing agents are the mechanical stress of surface materials and the chemical or electrochemical corrosion of materials in their application area.
The Wintersol product Ice Bear Winter Grit is specially surface-friendly, this due to its low hardness. In the area of the de-icing agents, Ice & Dust-Away 25 und Ice & Dust-Away Plus are gentle on metals and surface materials; the use of these products is particularly recommended on concrete.
If you have specific questions, do not hesitate to contact us
Advantages Of Liquid Melting Agents
- When liquid de-icing agents are applied, the melting action can start immediately because the de-icing effect is only achieved in connection with moisture.
- Spraying the product ensures a uniform and broadcast application of the de-icing agents. In contrast to the use of granular de-icing agents, a punctual ice melting action is eliminated.
- Quantity of de-icing agent applied is significantly lowered.
- De-icing agents in granules that have not completely dissolved are often carried over into adjacent areas, liquid de-icing agents cling less to shoes and tyres, and contamination is therefore reduced.
- Unlike granular de-icing agents, no drifting and accumulation of material in marginal zones occur.
- It is also possible to use liquid de-icing agents for the treatment of areas where de-icing agents in granules can’t be employed such as on steeply sloping surfaces, gratings or machines and vehicles that have to be defrosted.