Oil Binder and Chemical Binder Type III R, Elephant Sorb
Powerfully absorbent oil binding agent and chemical binding agent for all traffic and industrial areas with particular features!
Safety in industrial and production areas – without compromises.
Every minute counts when hazardous materials leak out. It’s good to have always the right binding agent within easy reach in no time. A universal appli cability for all liquid chemicals used in the com pany, a high absorption capacity and a rapid absorption are
For these reasons: Elephant Sorb. Can be used for virtually all common industrial liquid chemicals – so that leaks do not turn into major accidents.
Safety when leaks and spills occur on roads – without expensive consequential damages.
Due to improper clean-up of oil spills in traffi c areas, there are about 2.000 legal proceedings in Germany every year. The authority responsible for road construction and maintenance is liable for accidents resulting therefrom or for corrosion appearing on bituminous road surfaces.
For these reasons: Elephant Sorb. Test results with excellent values. SRT value 0 %. 100 % safe – also when used with unknown leaks and spills.
Elephant Sorb – THE granular absorbent
3 -times DEKRA certified
Product Advantages and User Benefits:
The oil and chemical binder Elephant Sorb was tested three times by DEKRA and serves to effectively avert risks and control damage after incidents with, e.g., mineral oil products or other chemicals as well as to ensure safety when leaks occur on roads, in industry and production facilities. Thanks to its anti-slip effect, Elephant Sorb has particularly good non-slip characteristics even on surfaces soiled with oil. Moreover, Elephant Sorb allows particularly cost-efficient subsequent cleaning operations.
- Handling Advantages
- Time Savings
- Cost Effectiveness
Elephant Sorb is lighter than binding agents made of, for example, heavy clay. This simplifies significantly its handling when used.
A reclosable dispensing snout enables an economical and accurate use.
After having sprinkled Elephant Sorb on the contaminated surface, the product can be simpy swept up and properly disposed of (a disadvantage of, for example, clay granules is that they easily clump together and "cling" to the surface).
Thanks to the easier handling, time advantages result when the product is used.
Due to the fact that the granular product detaches more rapidly and easily from the pores of the asphalt surface, it is possible to work and to perform cleanup operations more efficiently.
When incidents involving oil and fuels occur, Elephant Sorb "soaks up only what is necessary", this due to its delayed absorption of water.
That is why Elephant Sorb is well suited for being used, for example, in rainy conditions and for wet cleanup operations with cleaning machines.
Beside the high cost effectiveness of the granular product itself, the binder offers further cost benefits for the disposal. It is "only disposed of what is necessary", this means that no water will be disposed of.
Particular Product Features:
- Material Properties
- Typ III R
- 3 Times DEKRA Tested
made from highly porous volcanic rock that is not soluble in water.
The product absorbs oils and aqueous liquids*, acids and bases, oxidative and combustible chemicals in liquid form quickly and safely.
*The absorption of water or water-based liquids is delayed because of the material property of the binder.
Lightweight, but not susceptible to wind.
Elephant Sorb and Elephant Sorb Special meet the requirements according to LTwS No. 27 (Storage and Transport of Substances Hazardous to Waters, German Federal Environmental Agency).
As an oil and chemical binder type III, Elephant Sorb is so approved for special uses on hard surfaces and public traffic areas (particularly in trade and industry).
Excellent SRT value of 0 % – after an oil spill, the grip of traffic areas can be completely restored using Elephant Sorb.
Included in the list of the tested oil binding agents (Verband der Hersteller geprüfter Öl- und Chemikalienbindemittel GÖC e.V. = Association of the Producers of Tested Oil and Chemical Binding Agents)
DEKRA tested Chemical Binder – tested reaction behaviour and liquid holding capacity with: flammable, combustible liquids, water-insoluble organic liquids, water-miscible organic liquids, aqueous polar liquids, acids and alkalis and oxidative liquids.
DEKRA tested Oil Binder of Type III R – suitable for public circulation areas and industrial floors.
DEKRA tested suitability as a binder for BIODIESEL – according to prEN 15366.
You can view the test reports mentioned above under "Downloads" (see below).
Oil Binder and Chemical Binder for Emergency Response
- Wherever oils, emulsions and other chemicals are being stored, transported and used, it is mandatory to stockpile proper binding agents in order to quickly respond to an emergency.
- The use of binders is one of the most frequent precautionary measures taken after accidents involving mineral oil products (74 %, Statistisches Bundesamt = German Federal Statistical Office).
- After the entry into force of the Environmental Damage Act (2007), the person who damages the environment must bear the cost of such damage, i.e. businesses are directly liable for causing environmental damage.
- Liability risks have increased while the insurability of environmental damage has decreased. The responsibility for the tools and supplies employed for work lies solely with the responsible person of the company.
|Elephant Sorb||Elephant Sorb Special|
|Bulk density||approx. 298 g/l||approx. 310 g/l|
|Grain size||approx. 0.3 - 4 mm||approx. 0.3 - 1.5 mm|
|Absorption capacity||1 litre heating oil/kg||1.5 litre heating oil/kg|
Removal of Oil Traces
Removal of oil traces / cleanup operations of contaminated surfaces with cleaning machines and/or wet cleaning machines:
- The subsequent wet cleanup operations are more efficient because Elephant Sorb does not clump together and does not cling to the surface, i.e. the granular binder detaches from the pores of the asphalt surface without any problems - contrary to, for example, water-soluble binding agents on the basis of clay.
- The cleaning process takes less time and water consumption is reduced.
- Optimized disposal costs (see Cost Effectiveness ).
Mobile precautionary measure for the carriage of dangerous goods (ADR):
- For vehicles transporting dangerous goods, it is recommended to carry oil binders and chemical binders for responding to hazards caused by leaks, spills and/or incidents.
- In general, universal absorbents like Elephant Sorb are preferred for this application. And, with its three DEKRA certificates, Elephant Sorb ensures safety for the user tested three times.